Black Screen| No Image
If there are no outputs from the camera when you try to access your exam, please follow the steps below to try and resolve the issue:
- Navigate to your camera privacy control panel and make sure other programs that use your camera are turned off. For example, even if you are no longer on a Zoom meeting, the software may still have your camera in use.
- Turn off your camera’s auto-start settings.
- Reboot your computer.
- Relaunch the PSI Secure Browser.
Blurry| Poor Image Quality
Perform the following steps if you are experiencing low camera quality or blurry output:
- Clean the lens with a soft cloth or compressed air.
- Adjust the manual focus ring on your web camera, if applicable.
- Adjust the distance between you and the camera.
- Adjust the lighting so that it is directly on you.
If these changes do not fix the issue, you may need to use a different device with a better-quality web camera or an external camera.
Disable Rear camera on Surface Pro
To turn off the rear camera of your Surface Pro device, please follow steps below:
- Open the control panel
- Select Device Manager
Click “Imaging Devices” to expand the camera options .
- Search and locate the “Rear” camera
- Right-click the rear camera device and click “Disable”
Upon completion of your test, follow steps 1-5 to locate the rear camera; and then click “Enable”.
Camera Not Sharing
If you encounter the "Camera is not sharing" issue, follow these steps:
1. Check for 3rd party camera application running. If it is running in the background, make sure to close it.
2. Make sure you have allowed apps to use your camera, you can check it by going to Camera Privacy Settings. From the list, make sure it is on. If it’s off, please slide the button to the right to allow it.
3. Also, allow Win32WebViewHost in Camera Privacy Settings.
1. On your macOS desktop/laptop, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
2. Select Camera, then Select the checkbox next to an app to allow it to access your camera.
3. Deselect the checkbox to turn off access for that app.
Camera blocked by third party application - click the link for the steps on how to resolve camera issue when it's in use by other application or camera is blocked by a 3rd party application.
If you turn off access for an app, you will asked to turn it on again the next time that app tries to use your camera.