RPNow Secure Browser Hardware Requirements
|System Minimum Requirements
Note: New operating systems will be supported within 30 days of a new operating systems official public release date.
Beta versions of new operating systems are not supported.
• Minimum Resolution: 1024 x 768 in 16-bit color.
• Recommended Resolution: 1920 x 1080 or higher in 32-bit color.
|16 GB is recommended; 8 GB minimum
|The Secure Browser requires 500 MB of available disk storage to download and install.
• Broadband (DSL, cable, fiber optic, or LAN/WAN) minimum 750 kbps, 3 Mbps or higher is recommended.
• Check the connection through https://video-diagnostics.twilio.com/
|Workplace firewalls and other security measures such as VPNs often block the required secure connection. Please take your test in a setting without a corporate firewall.
• The microphone must be functional and turned on for the entire exam, including security check, check-in, and during the exam.
• DO NOT use a headset or earbuds because most exams do not allow them.
|Speakers and Headphones
• Audio may be required for your exam. We recommend using your computer’s installed speakers.
• You should NOT use headphones or ear buds and you may be required to remove them and that could delay the start of your exam.
• Your camera must be capable of a 360-degree scan of the test room.
• Your camera must also be available, functional, and turned on for the entire exam, including security check, check-in, and during the exam.
• DO NOT unplug your camera while the secure browser is open because this will end your session attempt and you will need to relaunch the exam.
• If you are using a laptop computer’s built-in webcam, you will need to direct the laptop with a camera around the room.
• If you are using a desktop computer, you will need an external camera that can be directed around the room.
Systems Not Supported
- Mobile devices
- Virtual Machines
- Linux Ubuntu systems
Please ensure you have administrative permissions on your computer.
We highly recommend using a personal computer that has not been issued by your employer or organization. Firewalls and security settings from employer-issued computers may prevent the PSI software from operating properly.
|Having performance issues or your exam will not launch?
|Try disabling active Anti-virus scanning while taking an exam. Some antivirus software can cause performance issues.
|The Secure Browser reports that you do not have enough Internet bandwidth
Check the connection through https://video-diagnostics.twilio.com/.
You can also check your connection speed using https://speed.cloudflare.com/
|The Secure Browser cannot detect your microphone
|The Secure Browser cannot detect your camera
Please ensure no extra peripherals are connected to the desktop, such as extra monitors, microphones, or cameras.
Access https://video-diagnostics.twilio.com/ and the default FaceTime application.
To test the camera, please locate the default camera application, Cheese.
You may also test the camera functionality online through https://www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/