- On the ACT Server, login with a profile that has local admin access to that machine.
- Turn off User Account Control. Open Action Center to check if the computer needs to be rebooted. Reboot computer if prompted. User Account Control must be off during the ACT OPS install.
- Statically assign IP under Local Area Connection Properties. If they have a preference for DNS, use their preferred DNS. Otherwise, use the following DNS settings for Google:
Primary DNS: 184.108.40.206 | Alternate DNS: 220.127.116.11
Open ports 80 & 443 in Windows Firewall in both inbound and outbound settings.
Update hosts file pointing proctoringstation.com to ACT Server IP.
- Click Start and type Notepad in the search box.
- Right-click on Notepad under Programs and chose Run as Administrator
- Click File, Open
- Paste this page into the path box: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\
- Change the file type from Text Documents (.txt) to All Files
- Select the file named Hosts
- Click OK
- Type the IP and host in this format in the Hosts file:
- X.X.X.X www.proctoringstation.com
- Click File, Save
- Close Notepad
- Connect to the computer that will be the ACT OPS Server.
- Install ACT OPS Server on the ACT Server by running the .exe as Admin.
- You will fill out the boxes according to the information based on your site ID and name.
- Change the 30 under Upload Service Schedule to 00.
- Rename PSI Proctoring icon to ACT Proctoring.
- Open Task Manager and verify that PSI Op Service is running and that the memory being using is around 400,000 kb.
- If memory use is not around 400,000 kb, set the priority of the service to High.
- Continue the install when the memory usage is around 400,000 kb.
- Open the ACT Proctoring link
- Type your username and password. Check the Update Profile box
- Click OK
- Click Download Session.
- Click Generate Roster.
- Click Radial button next to Standard Form
- Click Generate Roster
- Print the Roster
- Click Candidates
- Click the radio button next to a Candidate
- Click Check-In Candidate
- Click Seat Number in the drop-down next to Available Seats
- Click Generate Test
- Repeat steps q through t until you have assigned each seat a candidate.
Proctor Station Setup
- Remote into the computer that will be the ACT Proctoring station. Update host file, pointing proctoringstation.com to ACT Server IP (see Step 5 under Server Setup.)
- Create shortcut on desktop that goes to https://www.proctoringstation.com, put site in Compatibility mode, and label shortcut as ACT Proctor
- MUST USE INTERNET EXPLORER VER. 11
- Connect printer to ACT Proctoring station if it isn’t already.
- Install Adobe Reader if it isn’t already.
ACT TWS Workstation Setup
- Remote into a computer where you will be installing ACT TWS and update the host file, pointing proctoringstation.com to ACT Server IP (see step 5 under Server Setup.)
- Change ACT TWS date to 7/18/2018
- Install ACT TWS by running the .exe as Admin.
- Click the radial button next to Anyone that Uses this Computer.
- Launch ACT Secure Browser and complete any steps needed in the security check.
- Start the process to setup TWS as correct seat #.
- Press CTRL + T to type in Administrative code.
- Administrative code is: 981tko35
- Click the PSI icon in the top left-hand corner, and login with your ACT Admin credentials.
- Click “Setup Workstation” and assign correct WS #.
- Press CTRL + T and enter the Administrative code.
- Click Quit
- Log back into ACT Secure Browser and run ACT Demo to completion.
- You will only need to skip through the exam to get to the end. No need to answer any questions.
- Repeat steps 1 through 8 for each ACT TWS workstation.
Final Install Steps
- On ACT Server you will need to manually upload tested demo CDs.
- In ACT Proctoring, click Upload and follow the prompts accordingly.